If your business or non-profit organisation is based within Berlin, you can list it in the Business Directory free of chargeRead More...
Sevices and Support for People with Disabilities in Berlin
Overview of transport facilities and of associations available for people with mobility, sight or hearing impairments in Berlin...
Information about transport options for disabled people can be found below, as well as contact details for associations and networks for disabled people.
Special Transport in Berlin
A transport system called Telebus exists in Berlin for those who cannot use public transport, the service runs from 05:00-01:00.
- To make use of this service contact the Berlin mobility office
Tel: 030 2610 2300
- Further information on the facilities in Berlin can be found here (in German)
- Wheelchair breakdown service: Tel: 0180 111 4747
Visit Berlin contains information from the Berlin Tourist Office on wheelchair friendly transport, accommodation, restaurants, shops and more as well as links to organisations offering information on what to do in Berlin for visually impaired, deaf and mentally disabled people (in English).
- For further information see Barrier Free Berlin - the disabled information page
Associations for the Disabled in Berlin
- Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (Allgemeiner Blinden-und Sehbehindertenverein Berlin) (in German)
At: Auerbacher Strasse 7, 14193 Berlin
Tel: 030 895 880
Fax: 030 895 8899
- Association for people with mental disabilities (Lebenshilfe für Menschen mit geistiger Behinderung LV Berlin) (in German)
At: Wallstrasse 15/15a, 10179 Berlin
Tel: 030 829 9980
Fax: 030 829 998 208
- Association for Young Disabled People in Berlin (Jugendgruppen der Spastikerhilfe Berlin)
At: Lindenstr. 20-25, 10969 Berlin
Tel: 030 2250 0395
Fax: 030 2250 0395
- Association for the Disabled (Landesverband für Körper-und Merfachbehinderte Berlin-Brandenburg) (in German)
At: z.H. Spastikerhilfe Berlin e.V, Lindenstrasse 20-25, 10969 Berlin
Tel: 030 2593 7560
Fax: 030 2593 7561
- Association for the Deaf in Berlin (Gehörlosenverband Berlin) (in German)
At: Friedrichstrasse 1, 10969 Berlin
Tel: 030 251 7053
Fax: 030 251 7053
- Network for Disabled Women in Berlin (in German)
With connectivity to a global network of over 6,600 HSBC offices in more than 80 countries and... Read more...
German for business or pleasure, group or individual lessons, holiday German, specialised... Read more...
The Future You offers life coaching for expat supporting spouses before, during and after... Read more...