If your business or non-profit organisation is based within Berlin, you can list it in the Business Directory free of chargeRead More...
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community in Berlin
Information on groups, publications and links for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people in Berlin...
As a result of its history, Berlin has two city centres, both of which have a gay and lesbian scene. The most well-known districts are Schöneberg, Kreuzberg and Prenzlauer Berg. The districts of Mitte and Friedrichshain are known for their discos and clubs.
There are plenty of activities, services and institutions in Berlin specifically designed by and for gay men, lesbians, bisexuals and transsexuals. According to the official German tourist site, Berlin has over 150 gay bars. The city also has gay bookstores, pharmacies, sports clubs, same-sex dance classes and studios, language courses, speciality outfit boutiques, radio broadcasts focusing on gay related topics, organisations, meeting places, counselling services, associations and other resources.
- Details and links to gay life in Berlin can be found on the Berlin tourist website
Berlin also has a museum celebrating gay and lesbian history.
- Schwules Museum
At: Mehringdamm 61, 10961 Berlin
Tel: 030 6959 9050
Fax: 030 6120 2289
Regional Groups in Berlin
LSVD Berlin (in German): The German Gay and Lesbian Federation has a branch in Berlin.
Lesbenberatung: This is a centre offering advice and counselling to lesbians.
- At: Kulmer Straße 20, Berlin-Schöneberg
Tel: 030 215 20 00
Mann-O-Meter: This is a gay information and counselling centre offering psychological advice on gay life and health issues as well as information on gay events in Berlin.
- At: Bülowstraße 106, Berlin-Schöneberg
Tel: 030 216 80 08
- Mann-o-Meter also has a gay group for young people: Click here (in German)
Maneo: Victim support for gay and bisexual men. It provides support to victims of violence whether domestic or homophobic.
Gay and Lesbian Publications in Berlin
There are a number of specialist publications for LGBT people in Berlin. They are available in gay bars and also in the Tourist Information Office.
- Siegessaule: a free magazine, lots of "What's On" information and articles
- Out In Berlin: published each year by Berlin Tourist Information
- Queer in Berlin: a free LGBT magazine
- Sergej: a free guide to Berlin for gay men
- Berlin von hinten: a gay guide to Berlin in both German and English
- L-Mag: a magazine for lesbians
- Lesbisches Berlin - Die Stadtbegleiterin: a guide to Berlin for lesbians
- Berlin Gay-Web: the most well-known online magazine and forum for gay men and lesbians (in German). The website has links to many gay associations and clubs in Berlin
Founded in 1819, ESCP Europe offers graduate business education programmes in Paris, London,... Read more...
An independent school experienced in combining the best of British with an international... Read more...